Scope and Application
This privacy statement applies to information collected through any websites, mobile apps, or online or mobile-enabled technology or digital tools that display or link to this privacy statement (collectively, our “Online Platforms”). This privacy statement also applies to information shared with us by our approved partners and other third-party sources.
This privacy statement does not apply to (i) information collected from you offline or through websites and other online services that do not display or link to this privacy statement, including third-party websites to which our online services may link, or (ii) information that would be considered “Protected Health Information” under HIPAA. Dr. Jeffrey H. Chester’s medical practice use and disclosure of patient Protected Health Information are set forth in our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Collection and Use of Information
You can access and browse our Online Platforms at any time without providing any personally identifying information. We do not collect information that would personally identify you unless you choose to provide it.
We collect and combine information about you, how you engage with our Online Platforms, and the devices you use to view and interact with our Online Platforms for the legitimate purposes described below. This includes information you provide to us in connection with your use of the Online Platforms and information collected automatically when you view and interact with our Online Platforms.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account or user preferences, sign up for a newsletter, contact us, respond to a survey, use the Online Content, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, postal address, insurance information, personal health information (which, to the extent, it is considered Protected Health Information under HIPAA, shall be subject to the Notice of Privacy Practices), survey responses, user content stored or entered into the forms found in our Online Platforms, and other information you choose to provide through use of our Online Platforms.
The information you provide to us will be used to (i) set up your account (if applicable); (ii) if you elect to receive information from Dr. Jeffrey H. Chester’s medical practice to provide you with such information; (iii) improve the Site and Online Platforms; (iv) respond to your inquiries; (v) facilitate your job application; and (vi) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provided it.
We will not use your information for any purposes other than as described in this privacy statement or explained to you at the point at which the information was collected.
Information Collected Automatically
We may automatically collect additional information about your visit to our Online Platforms, including pages you visit, your geographic location based solely on your IP address unless otherwise approved by you, promotions with which you interacted, and other behaviors. This information is collected for the sole purpose of improving your overall visit to our Online Platforms by providing interest-based content. For example, we may collect information about your geographic location and health interest, based on topics you have browsed on our Online Platform, so that we can promote a physician who may practice close to your location. This data is not shared with any third party. The data may also be used to provide interest-based content for communications for which you have opted in.
When interacting with our services within social media, we may obtain information stored within social media or authorized by you to be collected by us within such social media. This information may include your contact information, email address, friend information, friends and pages with whom you have an association, and other information stored within social media.
Mobile users who initiate calls by clicking on a telephone number on a mobile website consent to contacting an office representative to verify your information and connect you with the appropriate service/provider.
We may also gather certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp, mobile location, device type, and/or clickstream data. This information may be linked to other information we collect about you. Cookies, web beacons, flash cookies, and similar technologies serve many important functions that help us serve you better.
Your Control Over Information
You have a variety of tools to manage cookies and similar technologies that collect information related to your use of the Online Platforms, including:
- Web browser controls to block and delete cookies, or adjust your tracking preferences
- Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page to opt out from receiving third-party advertiser cookies
For cookies and similar technologies used on our mobile apps for applicable targeted advertising activities, follow the steps provided by your mobile device platform provider (Apple, Android, or others) to opt-out of having your information collected and used by us and our digital marketing partners.
Please note that disabling, removing, or blocking cookies may turn off some features of our Online Platforms that make your experience more efficient, and some Online Platforms may not function properly. Furthermore, if you opt out of having your information collected and used by us and our digital marketing partners for interest-based advertising purposes, you will continue to receive ads, but such ads will not be tailored to your specific interests based on web viewing data collected from your device over time and across unaffiliated websites.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information described above, as set forth in this privacy statement or as otherwise described at the time such information is collected from you.
Information Shared by Us
- Affiliates. We may share information with a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate entity within Dr. Jeffrey H. Chester’s medical practice. Any organization to which we provide such information is required to keep it confidential and to only use such information in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Service Providers. In the course of doing business, we employ other companies and individuals to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. For example, we may provide information as necessary to companies that host our Online Platforms or send communications on our behalf. These service providers may have access to information about you if it is needed to perform their functions for us, but they are not authorized by us to use or disclose such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements, and they are required to maintain the information in confidence.
- Legally Required. We reserve the right to disclose information if required to do so by law or by a regulatory authority. We may also disclose information as part of an investigation or enforcement action relating to improper or illegal conduct in connection with our Online Platforms or other products, including, without limitation, any situations that may potentially involve threats to the safety or privacy of any person or misuse of our Online Platforms.
- Sale or Bankruptcy. During the normal course of our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, the information described in this privacy statement may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use such information in a manner that is consistent with this privacy statement.
- Aggregated and Non-Identified Data. We may maintain and use aggregate data or other non-identified information (i.e., data that does not identify a specific individual), such as usage statistics, device data, online traffic patterns, and user feedback. In addition to using this information for the purposes discussed in this privacy statement, we may disclose such aggregated or non-identified data to third parties without restriction.
- Business Partners. Dr. Jeffrey H. Chester’s medical practice may share your information with our business partners. These business partners may use the information received by them to contact you to offer you certain services. Please note that once your information has been shared with a business partner, it is no longer subject to the control of Dr. Jeffrey H. Chester’s medical practice or subject to this privacy statement.
The security of your information is important to us. We take precautions to protect your information by implementing safeguards to protect the information we collect. But you should keep in mind that no website or Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. PLEASE NOTE: The safety and security of your information also depend on you. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing strong passwords and never sharing your password with anyone else. If you create or receive a password in connection with online service access, please notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off the online service before you leave your computer or mobile device.
The Online Platforms may offer opportunities to communicate through email. Because normal email is not encrypted, the possibility exists that unauthorized individuals may intercept email messages. Dr. Jeffrey H. Chester’s medical practice, its parents, and affiliates are not responsible for the privacy of email messages except those stored in our system.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on or linked to our Online Platforms. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.